Sunday, December 5, 2010

Day 5...

I sit here in my darkened living room, illuminated only by the twinkling of our tree and a glistening of snow outside. I think of the day that just was and it brings a smile to my face! Our little Yonatan was finally dedicated this morning at church. And while yes, he was given to us by God, and we have already known that Yonni is His child, it just felt good to publicly say that we will make it a priority in our family to raise this child in a way that is honoring to our heavenly Father.  This is something we did with his big brother and now it was Y's turn.  I love that little guy so much....and sometimes being distracted by what an almost 4 year old independent child does, I often lose sight of the feelings of gratitude and humbleness of the fact that he is even a part of our lives.  Thank you God for such an incredible gift!

I prayed for this child, and the LORD has granted me what I asked of him. So now I give him to the LORD. For his whole life he will be given over to the LORD.” 1 Samuel 1:27-28

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is such a special time enjoy your family