Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Mochilla!!!

The kindergarten that Elijah is going to is part of a Spanish Immersion School. We have been so excited about it for many reasons, the 2 big ones being the diversity of students and of course that he will be learning Spanish. So granted, today was only his 4th day of kindergarten, but every day so far I've asked, did you learn any Spanish words today. The response has been..."umm, I don't remember." Well, today when I picked him up he was so excited because he had a super fun day, and he said, "Guess what mom??"
"what?"
"I even remembered a Spanish word, I bet you don't know what it is.....mochilla!! That means backpack!"
So we were very excited that on day four he retained what backpack was. Well, I was excited until I thought to myself that he should have remembered that from all the Dora "episodes" he has watched in his 5 long years of life!!!

gotta love it(-:

1 comment:

leililan said...

now he can read his spanish books on his own!!