Sunday, September 7, 2008

Where does the time go?


Wow, it's already a full week into September. What is going on? I sit at my desk very emotionally torn. It is so hard to believe that Elijah is going to start preschool/Head Start on Tuesday!!! I don't think I've really thought about it much deeply since we enrolled him, but as I wrote those words I felt the burning of tears coming on...(which isn't hard to believe if you know me). Thank goodness it is only for 3 mornings a week, and next year kindergarten is only half day...baby steps.

Anyway, back to preschool. I was one of those parents, the moment we found out we were pregnant with him I knew I was going to stay home with him and enjoy every moment of it (for the most part I have). I was the one who looked down on preschool because in my mind I thought "he will be in school for the 13+ years after he starts. why start him even earlier" So I sit here now thinking, "what am I doing??"


eh, who knows. I'm excited for him, sad he is growing up so fast. ugh, here come the tears again. Why can't we just bottle them up and keep them small forever. OK, a bit demented, I know. Anywho, he is excited and its only 4 hours on Tues., Wed. and Thurs. I can handle it. Pray for me Tuesday!!!

No comments: