Saturday, September 13, 2008

First Day of PreSchool

OK, so this post is a "few" days late, but its here anyway. I was shocked that it was still dark at 6:45 in the morning....I know, we are lame! Also to my surprise, I barely mentioned that it was time to wake up and Elijah popped out of bed, mind you I have never, ever seen him get out of bed that fast. It was a drizzly, cold morning, but he was excited! I guess that made it a little easier to say good-bye. We had him ready super fast so that just left us time to wait for the bus. Here are some pics...

WAITING WITH DAD


GIVING MOM A HUG
OK, so the bus didn't come on our side of the street the first day, which is what we were expecting, so when it came everything was a whirlwind and I didn't get a picture of him getting on the bus, but here are 2 of him on the second day getting on like an 'ol pro...
So he got on the bus, it left, Tj had ridden his bike over to see the waterfall of tears, but I must say I held together pretty well. Well, until we went inside to get reading to go to the Y and Scott gave me a hug and then I just cried for a minute or two. Oh well, everyone needs a good cry every now and then!
--------------------------------------------------------------------
Scott and I were both standing in our front yard at Noon waiting for his bus to bring him home. I guess the first day is one of delays, because it didn't come until 12:45pm. Anywho, here was our first sight of it and I must say my eyes got all stingy with tears as it approached.

Day One, in the bag and he loved it!

7 comments:

leililan said...

fyi: no only does the marintez clan (including o'roark) not believe this... we feel kinda old... stop growing elijah fallujah!! my little kithcen aid is all grown up!

Brad and Fran Hoagland said...

I love these first off to school pics. They grow up way to fast. And our Bradley now in kindergarten goes to bed at 8:00pm and by 10:00pm I actually miss him. We never did a bed time before he started school. So, we are getting used to me and Brad having alone time, at least until Annsleigh comes home!

Frances Williams said...

I know Leilani, I can't believe it either!! so sad!

& Fran, I agree, we were so bad about a consitent bedtime before this, its so hard!

Brad and Fran Hoagland said...

Give us the dates you think you will be in Nashville, when the time gets closer. We should be here. We'd love to meet you!

Kimmie said...

Wow, a bus comes to you...that certainly makes it a bit easier. Glad he had a great day. You got some nice snaps of the comings and goings ;-)

Kimmie
mama to 6
one homemade and 5 adopted

Annie said...

oh, your little boy is growing up!!!

VikingMom said...

Congrats on your new found freedom! (That's being said from a mother of four of course.) Travis is going 5 days a week this year as compared to 3 and is absolutely loving it. I must admit that I'm loving it too...I'm actually able to get some work done and go to the store without the usual onslaught of begging.

I know it's hard, but enjoy the break until your days get harder with the addition of another kid! :)