Monday, January 18, 2010

oh the drama!

So yesterday we had our final visit from the post-placement social worker...YAY!! It went really well...but on with the story. Towards the end of the visit, Elijah was sitting in a chair looking out the window with a super sad look on his face. So as our social worker left, I had E sit on my lap and asked what was the matter. In response to my question, he buried his head and just started sobbing. So, at this point, I start to worry a little bit...wondering what was going on. Finally after a couple of minutes, he started to breathe normally so I asked again what the problem was. He goes on to explain that he misses our old dog Cooper. OK, for those who don't know might think, "Aww, how sweet, poor kid" And then the rest of the story...

Cooper was a beautiful, yellow lab that we had for a mere 8 months. Not only was it 8 months, but it was when Elijah was like 7 months till 15 months. Yeah, exactly...the kid doesn't even remember the dog, other than the ONE page dedicated to him the scrapbook. And yet, I was finding myself consoling this heart-broken child! I totally wanted to start laughing...which is what Scott did when he walked in the room. Anyway, such a random thing...no clue where it came from, but nonetheless, I thought it was funny(-: