Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Where has May gone?

So I looked at when I last posted and wow...May 3rd? Where has this month gone??? Well, in a nutshell...Here I go...
Elijah is still doing super at soccer
For Mother's Day Scott made an incredible lunch
and I had fun playing with my boys!
Elijah had his last day of preschool...which means kindergarten starts soon...so sad!
Here's another of him on his last day with my new flower bed in the background. Yep, May included a lot of yard work and gardening too!
That takes us to this past weekend, where we enjoyed getting away to Michigan of all places to attend the Alma Scottish Festival. Some friends let us borrow their pop-up camper and we made a weekend out of it Here's some pics of the boys sporting their prized possessions...their kilts!

I must say, at first i may not have been the most excited about those things, but darn if they don't look cute! They're winning me over(-:
So the main reason we went to the festival is because Scott is really getting into the Highland games and will be competing a couple times this summer in them. So the last picture has a little to do with that. On Saturday, after the "Pros" competition was over, they opened the field up to the "common man". They had a farmer's walk, you had to walk as far as you could carrying 400lbs! Yep, 200lbs on each side! So Scott said he was going to try. After seeing the bodybuilders that were doing it as well, I was a little nervous for Scott. "Oh ye of little faith" Sorry honey, but I had no clue you'd be able to get 2nd!! Yep, he took second out of 8, so I was very proud of him and must say shocked as well!! The pic below is what he walked around the track with. I'll have to post the video later!

4 comments:

leililan said...

you guys are too funny!!! i might get chris to look into kiltin' it... hey, he's irish! i think his people wore them too!

Frances Williams said...

yeah, they totally are a kilt wearing bunch. just look up the clan name online(-:

Annie said...

Looks like May was wonderful and busy :)

They do look great in those kilts...my pastor, Alistair, would be proud ;)

Sam said...

your pics are AWESOME!!!!