Friday, January 16, 2009

Happy Birthday Little One

Well, since it is 6:20am in Addis Ababa right, it is YOUR birthday! Happy, Happy Birthday Yonatan. I so wish that we could have been there for this awesome day, but I guess know that 2 weeks from tomorrow I will be on a plane nervous and excited and just wanting to let you know how much I love you. For me, that will have to be enough to get me through the night. I remember when your brother was about to join our lives, we were so excited but had no idea what the journey entailed. As I sit here typing this to you, I feel so much more. It seems like we have been longing to meet you for forever now. Know that since we have started this journey there has not been a day that has gone by that we didn't pray for you. Even more so since we saw your little picture that 28th day of October. My birthday wish for you on this 2nd year of your life is that God blesses you beyond what any of us can fathom. He has already done that for me because through this journey God has humbled me, comforted me, encouraged me and has softened my heart. He has shown me that He is in control of my life, that He is "good to those whose HOPE is in Him, to the one who seek Him." I am so thankful the He has brought you into our lives. I am so thankful that the Holy Spirit has guided us through all the doubts and frustrations and because of that we will be united soon. I so cannot wait until that day. I love you, I love you, I love you little one. Happy Birthday!

7 comments:

Gretchen Magruder said...

You'll be holding him SO soon!!

Annie said...

oh, you have made me cry. Beautiful post :)

Happy Birthday, Yonatan. We can't wait to meet you this spring!

(I just got your comment;have a wonderful time at your cousin's wedding. Glad you guys can still make it.I know it will all be a whirlwind. Glad that talking with Allyson helped, but don't hesitate to call me if you need to.

Erica said...

Oh you make me cry!! I so remember this feeling. Praying for you as you wait. I will whisper in his ear that his mama is coming!! We BARELY miss eachother! Whats your flight schedule? We fly out EARLY on the first - maybe we'll pass in London!??!

Anonymous said...

happy birthday yonatan!!

Laura said...

What sweet thoughts! You are getting so close! isn't awesome knowing that God hears all those prayers that we are praying for our little ones!
laura

Jeremy and Sheila said...

I'm so excited for you guys!! I can't wait to see more pictures of Yonatan and hear all about your trip!! Happy Birthday Yonatan, Mommy will be there soon!!

Mom to many said...

Happy birthday little cutie! It won't be long and he will be with you.