Saturday, December 6, 2008

New Room

OK, with the arrival of, oh my gosh, I almost just spelled out his name. That's a big no, no. Anyway, for clarity purposes let's just call our new son LB (little brother) until we're allowed to share his name with those of you who don't already know. Anywho, we needed to add another bed to Elijah's room before we get LB. So on our way back from Tennessee last week we stopped at IKEA and picked up a loft bed. I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE Ikea!! I am so glad they finally are coming to this part of the country. That was one of the sad things to leave behind in California. Anyway, I digress... So we stopped at IKEA and found this awesome loft bed in the As-Is department. Elijah has been dying for a pirate ship room, so we picked up a few things and started on that yesterday. In a split moment decision, I painted the bottom 1/3 of his walls brown for the pirate ship...but I think it is going to end up being half pirate half castle because of some of the accessories we picked up at Ikea. Anywho, he was super excited and seeing 2 beds in there definitely makes us want to go pick our boy up from Ethiopia even more!
The View as you enter

The Loft and Elijah's toddler bed

Awesome "Torches"

The view from LB's bed

2 comments:

Gretchen Magruder said...

The new room looks adorable!! We're' working on new rooms for our girls, too (2 here and Peanut in Eth)!

Annie said...

Looks great! The boys will have lots of fun together.

BTW, in regards to the comment you left, I would love to see you/at least talk on the phone for any questions you have. Allyson and Eric will also have traveled by then and have more "updated" info... it seems like so much has changed since I traveled in June. But I would be more than happy to help in any way I can ;)