Monday, October 20, 2008

The Best Birthday Present Ever

OK, so its about an hour away from my 29Th birthday...yippee skippee...anyway we've been talking all day that the best present I could get tomorrow would be that phone call. I get choked up even thinking about it. I know that the likely hood is slim to none, but how awesome would that be??? I've always hated surprises, which is probably why this waiting thing is so stinkin' hard. I just really want it to happen like yesterday. I gotta keep thinkin' positive and reminding myself that our God is awesome and in control! But it would be a cool birthday present!!!

On a side note, we went to Cleveland Saturday night and had fun meeting the other Northeast Ohio families who have adopted or are adopting from Ethiopia. I can already tell they will be a lifeline for the rest of our journey. It was a bummer Elijah was not feeling well, because of that we kind of stuck to our table, so hopefully next time we can connect with more of the families! It was a fun time.

On our way to Cleveland, we had fun just chillin' and enjoying the scenery. We loved the farmers market there! I so wish we had stuff like that in Lexington. The produce was amazing! At the beginning and end of this blog are a couple of pictures of my boys I took in Cleveland. Elijah was taken at a parking garage and Scott's was outside the farmers market. So fun to just enjoy each others company!

Pray, pray, pray for a referral tomorrow!!!!!

7 comments:

Billy and Laurel said...

Hey sis,

Happy Birthday! I hope it was a good day. I like the pictures.

Annie said...

Great seeing you the other night. I pray that TODAY is the day for you!!! Hope you receive your referral and have your happiest birthday yet! Enjoy your day--

meg said...

we are so sad we didn't get to join you on saturday! :( next time for sure...

...oh, a referral sure would be a fabulous birthday present...

i pray today you'll get your call!

Miki said...

Happy Birthday! You know, things like that DO happen. I had hoped for months that we would meet our daughter on my birthday- it seemed so far fetched and would NEVER happen-- however, God is amazing! He got us into Addis on July 14th and the next day, on my birthday, we spent our first day together with Bayoush. Many blessings for a fabulous birthday for you too!

leililan said...

i'm praying so that i can get a phone call after you get a phone call!!!

love you guys!

Erin Sager said...

Cute blog makeover, hope you had a great birhtday....yes we are overdue on the referrals, hoping next week brings lots.....

Erica said...

So so happy for you!! So a week after your birthday isn't bad! :)