Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Sick of being Sick

So we finally are home from what seems months of traveling here and there, even though it was just 4 weeks. Wow, 4 weeks is still way to long to be on the go. Anyway, we are finally home, and guess what, yep, I'm sick! The last few days at my in-laws house brought on some allergies which then decided to change to a full blown sinus infection. Yippee Skippee!
So, we got home last Thursday night, I was up at the crack of dawn waiting for Rapid Response to open. They gave me a Z-pack and told me to rest. So today is the last day of the Z-pack (which I remember the last time I used this I thought it was a miracle drug, working within 24 hours of taking it). Not so much this time around. I feel I think the same or a tad worse than I did on Saturday. Lets just say this sucks and I'm off to rest again, oh yeah, and flush my nasal cavities out with saline solution. Don't ask, its really gross!

3 comments:

VikingMom said...

What a bummer that you're sick. Billy's been living on Claritin D for the last year because of the same thing. Using it dropped his strep/sinus infections to 1 a year down from 4-5. The Netti Pot is also his new best friend. By the way, who's responsible for this genetic weakness in your family...Mom or Dad? Austin, Aaron and Tamila all have issues with it as well. (I don't remember seeing this when I signed the marriage contract: "Beware--Has sinus issues.") If I'd only known! :)

Get better!

Frances Williams said...

hee, hee...you are so right! It is a family malfunction! Blame the mother I would guess. Elijah has the same allergy crap issues as well. oh well, what are you gonna do, huh?

Annie said...

so sorry you were sick...hope you are all better by now.

heard from Allyson that you can't make it to this get-together but hope you can make it to one of them...we're determined to get this group up and going :)Look forward to meeting you soon, though.